Every member of our multidisciplinary team is here to help you. Here are some of the people you may meet and the role they have in your care.
- Medical oncologists are doctors who specialise in managing cancer with the use of chemotherapy drugs. Your medical oncologist will develop and continually review your treatment plan and in most cases, lead and manage your overall care.
- Haematologists specialise in treating blood disorders and cancers affecting the blood e.g. leukaemia, or blood forming organs such as the bone marrow.
- Radiation oncologists are the specialist doctors who prescribe radiation therapy treatment for all types of cancer, and oversees the management of you care.
- Radiation therapists are responsible for the planning and delivery of your daily radiation treatments.
- Oncology nurses will support you throughout many areas of your treatment and overall wellbeing, including administering your chemotherapy, monitoring your symptoms and managing any side effects.. Your nursing team can answer any questions you may have and provide additional sources of information regarding your treatment and diagnosis.
- Administration team will coordinate your treatment at the centre, including appointment bookings, billing and connecting you with external support services. If you have any questions or are ever unsure who to talk to, our administration team can help.
- Medical physicists play an important role in quality assurance to ensure our radiation treatment machines are maintained according to regulatory standards and that our working environment abides by radiation safety policies.